How can I obtain copies of reports?

Autopsy and toxicology reports are available upon submission of a Records Request Form.

Once we receive your request, it is sent to the county Solicitor's Department who will forward a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) form to you for your signature and return to the Solicitor's Office. Upon receipt of the completed HIPPA form and approval, the requested documents will be mailed to your location. Should the release of these reports jeopardize the integrity of an on-going criminal investigation, the Burlington County Medical Examiner's Office may withhold the reports until completion of that investigation.

Show All Answers

1. How can I obtain copies of reports?
2. How can I obtain a copy of the death certificate?
3. How do we claim or recover the decedent’s body?
4. Do all medical examiner cases get autopsied?
5. What is an autopsy?
6. What if the family does not want an autopsy?
7. What does a person do on finding a family member deceased?
8. Can we visit and view the decedent at your facility?
9. If I have questions about the autopsy or toxicology reports, can I get an explanation of the medical information?
10. Must I do anything differently if a baby dies unexpectedly?
11. Does the family pay for any of the Medical Examiner services?
12. Who can we call for additional information, counseling, or assistance?