Places that will not receive carts are for the reasons noted below:
- Bordentown City; sections of Roebling in Florence and sections of Burlington City will not receive carts:
- Long stretches of row homes, little off street parking and the historic character of these neighborhoods make carts an unwanted nuisance.
- Residents have no easy way to store their carts in the rear of their properties, forcing residents to drag their carts through their homes to reach the curb.
- Storing carts on small front porches or sidewalks is unsightly and would detract from the historic appearance of the neighborhood.
- Locations with high density "on street" parking make it almost impossible for the automated arm trucks to safely access the carts.
- Townhome communities, such as Rittenhouse Park in Willingboro, with "head on" parking and no garages will not receive carts, for many of the reasons noted above.
Even though you don’t have a cart, you can still recycle "single stream"
Now that single stream collection has started you can:
- Place paper, flattened cardboard and bottles and cans into you recycling bucket.
- Larger boxes should be empty, flattened and neatly stacked next to your bucket.
Please contact your municipality if you need an extra bucket. Contact information can be found by viewing your town specific recycling brochure here Municipal Recycling Brochures