- Recycling and Waste Management
- Solid Waste
- NJDEP Solid Waste Vehicle Registration
NJDEP Solid Waste Vehicle Registration
N.J.A.C. 7:25-3.2(a) Registration states that "no person shall engage in or continue to engage in the transportation of solid waste in this State without first obtaining an approved registration statement from the Department."
Only vehicles properly registered, pursuant to N.J.A.C. 7:26-3, with the Department, unless exempt from the registration requirements pursuant to N.J.A.C. 7:26-3.3, and displaying the appropriate registration number and solid waste decal shall be admitted for loading and unloading of any solid waste at the facility.
N.J.A.C. 7:26-3.3(a) Exemptions and conditions states the "The provisions of this subchapter shall not be applicable to the following:
Persons transporting only their own household solid waste in passenger automobiles bearing general registration plates; and persons transporting only their own solid waste in vehicles registered with a State motor vehicle agency as having a maximum gross vehicle weight of 8,000 pounds for a single vehicle or 16,000 pounds combined maximum gross vehicle weight for a vehicle pulling a trailer."
In order to gain entrance into the Resource Recovery Complex, all vehicles requiring NJDEP licenses and registrations must adhere to the following NJDEP regulations:
- The NJDEP Registration or Temporary Letter of Registration must be located in the vehicle and available for presentation to the Weighmaster upon request.
- The NJDEP number must be clearly displayed on the driver's side of the vehicle in visible three-inch numbers, along with vehicle capacity.
- The Origin and Disposal Form must show the vehicle's NJDEP number along with the corresponding license plate number.
- The NJDEP registration number shown on this registration must match the NJDEP number displayed on the vehicle.
Inquiries regarding obtaining NJDEP Vehicle Registrations should be made to:
State of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
Division of Compliance & Enforcement
9 Ewing Street, Mail Code 09-01
PO Box 420
Trenton, NJ 08625-0420