- Health Department
- Emergency Preparedness
Don’t Be Afraid; Be Ready
Download the Emergency Planning Pamphlet, Ready Together New Jersey (PDF).
Disaster can strike at any time. Burlington County is susceptible to natural disasters such as hurricanes, severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, floods / flash floods, winter storms, earthquakes, and forest fires. Man-made disasters can occur as well. One of our most important responsibilities is the ability to react immediately to any event that may threaten public health; more importantly; however, is our level of preparedness before that event occurs.
One of the many functions of the Burlington County Health Department is to respond to public inquiry because often, the first call citizens make when they have health concerns and emergencies is to the Health Department.
Emergency Preparedness Services
Health Department emergency preparedness services include:
- Planning and being ready to respond to natural and man-made emergencies within the county and southern region
- Providing county residents with information to help them be prepared for emergencies
- Using the Local Information Network Communication System (LINCS) to send public health information to and communicate with local hospitals, physicians, first responders and volunteers, public health and emergency management agencies, veterinarians, schools, etc., via email and broadcast fax
The Health Department uses LINCS to send public health information to and communicate with local area hospitals, physicians, first responders and volunteers, public health and emergency management agencies, veterinarians, schools, local government, etc., via email, broadcast fax and telephone notifications.
If you would like to obtain multiple copies of these documents, please contact the Health Education Unit at 609-265-5548.
Bioterrorism / Preparedness Information Sites
While you may not be able to prevent disaster, you can certainly prepare for it.
- American Civil Defense Association
- Burlington County Sheriff’s Department
- Burlington County Office of Emergency Management
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Homeland Security and Preparedness
- New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services
- Office of Homeland Security
- Pandemic Flu Information
- The American Red Cross
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)