- Human Services
- Division of Employment & Training
- Burlington County American Job Center
Burlington County American Job Center
Unemployment Services Are
Not Available at this Office.
Visit or call
The Burlington County American Job Center is the perfect place to start your job search or develop your skills for a changing work environment. Employment counselors can help you explore career choices relating to your interests and abilities. They can also assist you in exploring a career path that can best utilize your skills in the current job market.
The Burlington County American Job Center has many services and resources available to assist you
- Skill Assessment
- Career Counseling
- Job Search Assistance
- Workshops and Training
- Resource room with computers, internet access, printers and copiers
- Referral to other resources and services
In order to make your first visit with us as rewarding to you as possible, please bring a completed Burlington County American Job Center registration form (PDF) with you.
Interested in Upgrading your Skills?
Metrix Learning is a free online learning platform designed to help individuals upgrade existing skills in a specific industry/job area, upgrade soft skills, and/or learn brand new skills of interest to prepare jobseekers for new employment opportunities. Whether it be individual skills, or a full industry-recognized certificate, Skillsoft courses can be tailored to your interests and skill-level through a variety of self-assessment tools to ensure you are positioning yourself for future success, while doing so at your own pace.
Many of the courses offered through the Skillsoft catalog have been vetted by industry leaders to ensure the skills and certifications you are learning are aligned to industry demands. If you are already in the IT industry and wish to upskill, or if you are interested in pivoting into IT, there are a wide array of classes to help you achieve your specific career goals for success in an IT career. The Skillsoft catalog also includes a range of courses on skills such as time management, leadership, and customer service, that will prepare you for success in any industry.
Whether you are looking for entry-level or advanced coursework, Skillsoft has a robust library of more than 6,000 courses spanning information technology, business analysis, customer service, project management, digital literacy, and systems development with companies such as Amazon, Microsoft, Cisco, among other topics. In addition, Skillsoft offers popular business certificates such as project management or agile methodology offered by Six Sigma, SHRM, and others.
To ensure you have ample support throughout your online learning journey, you will have access to a technical support team to help you navigate the Metrix system and address any technical issues, as well as career coaches at your local workforce development board to offer additional assistance in determining the right courses and pathways for you.
Let's Recap the benefits:
- Unlimited access to 6000+ courses (multilingual options) provided by Skillsoft for 6 months
- Free - there is no cost to take any of the courses and there is no limit on the number of courses you can complete
- Flexible - Courses are available 24/7
- Acquire and/or upgrade skills that employers want
- Soft skills to prepare you for success in any industry
- Career Pathways - explore in demand occupations with skill gap analysis 200+ in-demand occupations
- Access to recognized 100+ industry certification courses
- Integrated Indeed.com job search
- Technical support available via email Monday-Friday
Click Metrix Learning to complete a brief online registration form and start your upskill journey today!
Helpful Presentations, Orientations and Career Resources
- Overview of the American Job Center
- American Job Center Training Orientation
- Build a Better Resume
- Preparing for a Successful Interview
- Improving your Online Image
- Essential Skills
- Career Assistance
- 6 Tips for Resume Success
- Job Search Sites
Do you know any NJ residents over the age of 45 who have been out of work for at least 6 months? The New Start Career Network at Rutgers University is providing free support to these individuals, including access to premium job search tools, job search webinars, and the opportunity to work one-on-one with a volunteer coach to get back to work.
For more information, please click here.