The Sheriff's Department Child Safety Seat Team consists of State Certified Technicians who provide free safety seat inspections. Our technicians check all child safety seats for unsafe seats and recalls. Families who are expecting or have an infant and cannot afford a child safety seat may receive one from the Sheriff's Department CSS program.
An application and proof of income are required to receive a seat.
Get Your Child Safety Seat Inspected
There are 3 different ways to get your child's seat inspected.
- For Information or to schedule an appointment, please call 609-265-3788.
- Child Safety Seat Inspections are offered every Wednesday (except holidays) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Burlington County Courts Complex which is located at the following address.
Burlington County Courts Complex
49 Rancocas Road
Mt. Holly, NJ 08060
- Attend a scheduled Child Safety Seat Inspection in a nearby community. For a list of upcoming checkpoints.
- Motor Vehicle crashes remain the leading cause of unintentional injury related deaths among children ages 14 and under.
- More than 1,800 child occupants ages 14 and under die each year, and an estimated 28,000 children suffer injuries.
Before installing your child safety seat, please read your vehicle's owners manual and child safety seat instruction manual.