Did You Know...
The National Safety Council Offers Back to School Safety Tips
Walking to School
- Always walk on the sidewalk if one is available.
- If no sidewalk is available, walk facing the traffic.
- The safest place to cross is at a street corner or intersection.
- If you are 10 years old or younger, you need to cross the street with an adult. You should not cross by yourself.
- Before you step off the curb to cross the street, stop and look all ways to see if cars are coming.
- Walk, don’t run. This gives time for drivers to see you before you enter the roadway. Running also makes you more likely to fall in the street.
- Don’t dart out in front of a parked car. The driver of the car coming down the street will not be able to see you.