Today is National Random Acts of Kindness Day
“Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” - Scott Adams
Celebrated on February 17th, National Random Acts of Kindness Day has grown in popularity each year. It is celebrated by individuals, groups and organizations, nationwide, to encourage acts of kindness. It is a favorite day too many, as people everywhere are enjoying doing these acts of kindness. Not only is it special for the receiver, it also feels good as the doer!
The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation is an internationally recognized non-profit organization founded upon the powerful belief in kindness and dedicated to providing resources and tools that encourage acts of kindness.
Random Acts of Kindness Day Ideas:
• Give a heartfelt compliment to a co-worker. Comment on his/her hair style or outfit.
• Volunteer your time at a local animal shelter or better.
• If you are in line at the store, let the person behind you go first.
• Instead of pushing your grocery cart back where it belongs, return two carts instead.
• Visit a local retirement center and make a new friend.
• If you are going through the drive-thru at lunch today, pay for the person’s meal or beverage behind you and ask they do the same thing for the next person. Pay it forward.
• If it’s garbage day, return your neighbor’s garbage cans back where they belong.
• If you live in a warm location, mow or rake your neighbor’s yard. If your driveway is covered in snow, shovel your neighbor’s driveway.
• If you are in the car and are at a four-way-stop, let another driver go first.
• Bake a batch of cookies and drop them off at work or at your children’s school.