Wastewater Management Planning
Future Wastewater Service Area Map Revision
In September 2013, The Department of Resource Conservation submitted an application to the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) for an amendment to the Tri-County Water Quality Management Plan. The Tri-County Water Quality Management Plan covers Burlington, Camden and Burlington Counties.
This amendment proposal, submitted on behalf of the Board of Chosen Freeholders of Burlington County as the responsible Wastewater Management Planning Agency, proposes corrections to the county-wide Future Wastewater Service Area (FWSA) map adopted May 7, 2013.
For more information, please email Mary Pat Robbie, Department Head for Resource Conservation, or call 856-642-3850.
Effects of the Changes
The map changes reflect modifications and corrections to the sewer service areas identified during the previous map adoption public comment period which concluded October 15, 2012 and during the preparation of the build-out analysis for the County’s Wastewater Management Plan.
More specifically, the changes to the FWSA map fall into three categories,
- Changes that correct the extent of service areas for existing wastewater treatment plants and existing development served by the treatment plants in:
- Cinnaminson, Delran, Tabernacle, Moorestown, and Mount Laurel townships
- Palmyra and Riverton boroughs
- Changes to the FWSA map that expand the extent of service areas to include parcels or portions thereof that are not prohibited from inclusion in a sewer service area by the requirements at N.J.A.C. 7:15-5.24 in Bordentown, Burlington, Moorestown, Mount Laurel and Southampton townships
- Changes to the FWSA map that reduce the extent of the adopted service area to exclude Environmentally Sensitive Areas as stipulated at N.J.A.C. 7:15-5.24 that lie within undeveloped portions of parcels in Mount Laurel Township
- The parcels are Block 800, lot 8.01 and Block 602, lot 23. Existing developed portions of these lots will remain in the sewer service area
The revisions to the FWSA map have been prepared pursuant to the applicable sections of the Water Quality Management Planning Rule at N.J.A.C. 7:15 et seq. and P.L.2011, c.203 enacted on January 17, 2012. Approval of this amendment would not eliminate the need for any permits, approvals, or certifications required by any federal, state, county, or municipal review agency with jurisdiction over any project / activity.
Accessing the Maps
You can view maps for individual municipalities where corrections to the FWSA map are being proposed by clicking on the links below. Be advised that these individual maps are for information only and are not part of the proposed amendment under consideration by DEP.
The proposed application would revise the county-wide FWSA map.