Growing a Business
The Burlington County Department of Economic Development is housed within the Burlington County Bridge Commission. It is responsible for helping to improve business aspects in the County.
- Interactive search for available land and building space in the County
- Objective and confidential assistance when your firm is considering relocation
- Professional planning services for regional planning within the county; community and municipal planning; and managing and analyzing data and information for planning services
- Grant-writing for economic development-related projects $14.8 million in grant monies obtained since 2006 at no cost to towns, with 17:1 return on Commission investment
- Infrastructure improvements for local communities
- Professional services for redevelopment and development projects
New Jersey is committed to assisting businesses and providing support as they grow in our state. From financial programs to exporting assistance to business expansion programs, New Jersey offers a wide range of support services designed for small and mid-sized businesses to grow and prosper in the state.
- Business Operations
- Moving or Expanding Your Business in New Jersey
- Disaster Recovery & Preparedness
Tens of thousands of established small businesses and entrepreneurs have tapped the NJSBDC network for customized, one-on-one management consulting and training for more than three decades. Companies that use NJSBDC’s comprehensive services report accelerated growth and improved access to capital financing.
- Seeking Capital Financing
- Expanding the Customer Base
- Growing Company Revenues
Since its founding on July 30, 1953, the U.S. Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses. The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created as an independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation.
Find articles and information on the following topics:
- Forecasting for Growth
- Using Technology to Stay Competitive
- Ideas for Growing Your Business
- Developing a Marketing Plan
- Financing Growth
- Build Your Own Franchise
Burlington County Library - Resources For Businesses
As part of their Business Gateway, the Burlington County Library provides guides to community, government, and library resources for growing, managing, competing, and marketing your business.
The library provides access to:
- Online research tools to follow industry trends and develop strategic planning, including Small Business Reference Center, ReferenceUSA, Demographics Now, First Research, Regional Business News
- Lynda.com for online training videos, for increasing your marketing efforts and expanding your social media presence
- Hundreds of business books, eBooks, and audiobooks available to be checked out
- Individual custom business research appointments with Business Librarian. Discover how to find new markets and develop competitor lists with library resources.